This free festival is made possible through the efforts of countless volunteers, and we appreciate all they do to support the festival in this way.
Volunteering at the festival is fun and rewarding, so if you came to the Festival this year and would like to help next year, several ways you can help are listed below! Some people have volunteered at the same activity for many, many years while others may be joining us for the first time. No experience is necessary, and you can rest assured you'll be placed in an activity that you are comfortable with and will enjoy.
Some ways to help include:
- Supervise a children's activity - hay maze, hay jump, pumpkin carving, arts and crafts activities
- Help with food - help out in the main food tent or in the Dessert Cafe (serving, cashiering, tidying)
- Assist with festival preparation - in the week prior, there's lots to do! Help cut fabric for the cornhusk dolls, cut shapes for the cow headbands, prep apples for the cider press, hang signs, etc.
- Organize an activity - have an idea? We'd love to hear it! Each year, individuals step forward with an idea and implement it. Past activities have included face painting, bracelet making, two-person saw contest, firewood guessing game, and others. Please contact us with your idea and we'll let you know if it's a good fit and then work with you on all the details.
- Play music
- Bake desserts of the Dessert Cafe
- Other? There's plenty more - you name it! If there's an activity you're aware and would like to help with specifically, just let us know.
Volunteering is appropriate for anyone 14 years or older. Please do not volunteer with young children in tow. Thank you for your understanding as we seek to create a fun, safe festival for all.