Call for Entries!
Join the second annual t-shirt design contest and help us create the look for the 19th Annual Hawthorne Valley Fall Festival! All designs must incorporate a festival theme (agriculture, ecology, education, place, celebration, or harvest) and fit on an 8x11 sheet of paper. All contestants may submit only one design. Please submit your design by August 16 to Sushannah Sorensen by email, by mail at 327 County Route 21C, Ghent, NY 12075, or by dropping it off at the Farm Store (please protect your entry in an envelope or folder). The winner will be notified by August 23, and will receive four complimentary t-shirts, and be acknowledged on the Fall Festival website and signage.
- Received on or before August 16 @ 5 pm
- Fits on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper (landscape or portrait)
- Design uses only one color
- Design includes “19th Annual Hawthorne Valley Fall Festival” or available space for us to add those words
- Entry has been submitted electronically (PDF or JPG) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping off a hard copy in the Farm Store (please provide protection for your entry by using a large envelope or folder). Please ensure you include an entry form with the design.
Choosing a design:
We have no doubt it will be difficult to choose a design! Thank you in advance for submitting an entry, and if we do not choose your design this year, feel free to try again next year. Here are a few things we will be paying attention to when reviewing designs:
- Did the designer follow the above requirements?
- Are the lines in the design bold enough to be read by the printer?
- Is the design child-friendly?
- Does the design support any of the themes of the festival – agriculture, ecology, education, place, or celebration?
Using a design:
In using the chosen design, please note that we may:
- Make minor modifications as necessary to facilitate printing
- Scale the design to fit the designated space on the t-shirt
- Insert the event title or other text such as the event website
- Use the design in applications beyond the festival t-shirt (program, etc.)